You know the secret to a successful project is tracking the balance between resources and performance. You can look at metrics, identify risk indicators, and plan changes to keep the project within budget and on time while achieving goals successfully. What if you could use those project analysis skills to make a difference in government system acquisitions? We have an opportunity for a project analyst to join our team as we assist with the management of software creation, acquisition of large aerospace and shipbuilding projects, and innovate new ways of analyzing data to support government programs ranging from national defense to air traffic control to healthcare.
On our team, you’ll work with project leadership to monitor cost, schedule, and performance using tools like Microsoft Project, Deltek wInsight, and regular interactions with technical experts and engineers, suppliers, and government stakeholders. The real power of project analysis comes from communication, so you’ll create status reports, perform risk analyses, calculate estimates at complete, and make recommendations for improvement to project leadership. We focus on growing as a team to deliver the best support to our customers, so you’ll have resources for mentoring and learning new skills and tools. This is a chance to use your analysis skills while gaining project management experience. Join us and help make sure our country’s significant investments stay on time and within budget as we improve the ability of government customers to effectively manage their enterprises.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience with using earned value to evaluate program cost and schedule performance using analysis tools such as wInsight or Empower
- Experience with the production and statusing of integrated master schedules in scheduling software, including Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Experience with performing schedule analysis, including evaluating the DCMA 14 points, determining the critical path or margin erosion, and performance of schedule risk analyses
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to be flexible, show initiative and innovation, deal with ambiguous and fast-paced situations, and successfully manage client and team relationships
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
- Experience with the configuration and maintenance of an EVMS in tools, including MPM or Cobra preferred
- Knowledge of scheduling, EVM best practices, and common industry deliverables, including the CPR or IPMR preferred
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills to critically assess information and communicate priority findings to teams
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Consulting at Booz Allen means empowering you to provide your customers with the best support. With a consulting career at Booz Allen, you can expect:
- a large business consulting community
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
We have opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, so you can find the right fit for your career — and your life. You’ll also have access to a wealth of training resources through our Consulting University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success. With contracts across the globe in multiple industries, no matter where you want to go with your consulting career, we have the path the takes you there.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.