About the Company
At Vitus, our mission is to create positive impact – one community, one family and one life at a time. Since 1996 we have partnered with lenders, investors and public agencies to preserve and extend the life of existing affordable housing across the country in markets with the greatest need. Through holistic renovation, we focus on the well-being of residents and rejuvenating the surrounding community to both improve the overall quality of each property and incorporate features that promote physical activity, community gathering and energy efficiency. To date, our team has provided stable homes for more than 25,000 residents in 25 states. www.vitus.com
Reporting to the Senior Asset Manager, the Asset Management Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Asset Management department in their oversight of Vitus’ entire 70+ community affordable housing portfolio. From acquisition through stabilization to disposition, the Asset Management Coordinator will be accountable for accurately updating and maintaining property and financial data, partnership documents, and department tracking and reporting processes crucial to the asset management function. The Asset Management Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining partnership compliance with investors, lenders, Housing and Urban Development, and state agencies, and directing third-party property management agents on physical plant and financial goals, ensuring their timely completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and support Asset Managers on a variety of day-to-day projects for entire Vitus-owned portfolio.
- Review, update, and maintain the integrity of property and financial data and documents used by the Asset Management department and ensure their consistency with financial systems.
- Manage and track annual, quarterly, and monthly compliance (including DUNS & SAM registration) as required by state tax credit agencies, HUD, partners, and lenders.
- Facilitate the execution and distribution of agreements, rent schedules, and compliance forms while ensuring their timeliness and accuracy.
- Create and continuously update Excel tracking spreadsheets for annual financial audits, tax returns, and budgets, and ensure all final documents are saved and uploaded to financial systems.
- Prepare for analysis and review quarterly financial report and distribute to internal and external parties.
- Assist Asset Managers with due diligence process as it relates to property dispositions.
- Serve as a liaison between the Development team, Asset Management team, and third-party property management agents.
- Social impact projects as assigned (includes applying for grants, managing vendors, and researching new initiatives).
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Some travel may be required (site visits, conferences, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in real estate or property management (preferably in low-income and/or senior housing), and a familiarity with the HUD Section 8 and Section 42 LIHTC programs is strongly preferred.
- Excellent financial analysis skills, and a deep understanding of the operating statement, balance sheet, and year-end audit process.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are mandatory, specifically MS Excel.
- Proven ability to work independently and think analytically.
- Ability to work with time sensitive material with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize is essential.
- Professional oral and written communication skills and etiquette.
- The desire to learn and grow into a full-fledged Asset Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Real Estate or Property Management, preferably in low-income: 2 years (Preferred)