At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
Under general supervision and in accordance with established company policies and procedures, serves as a resource for geographic, demographic, and IRS data. Creates, compiles, and provides maps based on demographic and IRS data. Assists with administration of the Geographical Information System (GIS) and databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edits territories within the GIS system in order to best optimize sales opportunities & potential
- Provides territory data to the Strategy, Franchise Sales, Operations, Company-owned operations, Finance, Marketing, and other departments. Distributes maps, and industry-related data - demographic, IRS, and other competitive data
- Researches & validates the territory disputes/conflicts within the franchise sales contract
- Manages geocoding of Jackson Hewitt offices, competitors, clients and retail centers, along with address corrections/updates
- Validates office openings & relocations
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS or equivalent in education and experience
- At least 3 years of experience with GIS applications
- At least 2 years of experience using ESRI and ArcGIS software
- At least 2 years of experience using MS Access or other relational databases
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Business & Network Analysts
- Proficiency in MS Excel (functions & macros), PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- SQL or database experience is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and leadership skills required
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Pay Type Salary
Employment Indicator Corporate