MATC supports our nursing instructors with small class sizes - 25 students or less in the classroom environment and an 8:1 ratio at clinical sites - to provide more one-on-one interaction. We offer a highly-competitive salary and a strong benefit package. All new nursing instructors are mentored by an experienced faculty member and instructors who are new to educational practice begin with a smaller number of sections in their first three semesters.
32 hours per week
Hours vary depending on departmental needs.
Please note: This is a Specially-Funded Position
Note: Transcripts for all degrees obtained MUST be submitted for consideration. (unofficial transcripts will be accepted)
Under supervision of the Associate Dean, Health Sciences, to teach classroom and clinical courses in the Practical Nursing program. Clinical instruction is provided in acute, subacute and long-term care settings. Related duties include participating in division and department activities and other duties as assigned. May be required to teach on evenings or weekends.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
Manage the classroom/laboratory.
Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program evaluation.
Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues.
Collaborate with advisory committee in program area.
Attend departmental and institutional meetings.
Promote the education/training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to market MATC.
Support student organizations and activities.
Develop relationships with business and industry.
Complete program evaluation and follow-up.
Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have a Master's degree in Nursing (MSN).
Must have two years (4,000 hours) of full-time experience as a Registered Nurse.
Must hold a current license as a Registered Nurse license by the State of WI DSPS.
Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent (4,000 hours) experience as a Registered Nurse. In addition, one of the following must be met:
At least two years of work experience must have occurred within the last five years
Two years of teaching Registered Nursing course work at the post-secondary level within the last five years
Must satisfactorily complete health requirements for the School of Health Science, which include a criminal background check, drug test, and verification of immunizations.
Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail...)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
Excellence through diversity. MATC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply.