We are seeking a highly effective, innovative and strategic finance executive with strong experience for this high-impact role to help dramatically scale JetBlue Travel Product’s impact and value. This role provides the opportunity to shape the finance strategy and procedures of a dynamic, startup-like subsidiary with very high growth aspirations. The Head of Finance will report to the President, and provide corporate leadership in growing JBTP business through effective planning and execution of business objectives, and play a significant leadership role in building the team, culture and growth of the company. They will also act as a matrix partner with JetBlue Airways Finance leadership to ensure alignment on financial targets.
- Develop and deliver the P&L and Business Plan for JetBlue Travel Products
- Oversee Company's financials and reporting process including month-end, quarter-end and year-end close while working closely with JetBlue Finance team
- Establish and execute the long term financial management strategy to maximize operational and financial performance, balancing core business objectives with cultural needs.
- Determine means to enhance growth, profitability, and value creation by evaluating internal operations, cash management strategy, the effective use of corporate assets, and by taking into account the financial and operational risks of the business.
- Advise on financial matters, including cash flow, cost control, expenses, and potential areas of weakness
- Develop short-term and long-range planning, forecasting and budget development to support company goals.
- Produce internal and external financial statements, financial reports, and special analyses to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, statutory and budgetary reporting requirements, including SEC filings.
- Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven (7) years of financial experience
- Five (5) years of leadership experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of all areas of finance including planning and operations, treasury (including risk management and capital markets), accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley, and SEC reporting requirements.
- Ability to build interdepartmental relationships
- Ability to build confidence and influence through a convincing presentation style
- Establishing and overseeing an operating and planning budget
- Managing large scale projects or initiatives
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving, communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- MBA and/or CPA
- Experience building and developing a team
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement