The ideal candidate is a passionate developer who enjoys and has experience in WordPress and writing efficient and scalable code to develop websites and applications that are easy to use and engaging, with user interfaces that are easily navigable and intuitive. You have the opportunity join our team and to take on a leadership role at a critical and time in our development roadmap. Our company is a financial services and increasingly technology (FinTech) firm which is developing novel products and digital solutions for both private and publicly listed companies and both individual and institutional investors. Interest in finance and investing is a plus.
Minimum 8 years of professional working experience with WordPress technologies in a development environment
Experience with modern PHP best practices (autoloading, OOP, dependency management, and dependency injection)
Experience with Gutenberg, WordPress Blocks and React
Experience creating and maintaining unit tests during feature development
Experience working within the Agile methodology and framework a plus
Strong understanding of Git and GitFlow workflow a plus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highly collaborative and enjoys participation in Agile ceremonies and the user story definition process
· You will be joining a team that creates fintech software for use in investor relations and equity research, to lead the development team and coordinate with external agencies and/or freelancers
· Develop, maintain and debug a WordPress environment
· Collaborate with product, design, and cross-functional engineering teams to build new and innovative products
· Leverage a human-centered design process to deliver an easy-to-use user interface and user experience. Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups
· Research customers, competitors, and products, develop personas, scenarios, and user stories while working with stakeholders to identify requirements
· Be responsible for backend development and maintenance of WordPress themes, plugins, and updates
· Write high-quality and testable code which can be leveraged by others
· Proactively raise product or code improvement opportunities and contribute ideas to address them
· Communicate with other business units or teams to execute and deliver company-wide initiatives
· Actively participate in all agile team ceremonies and ensure all commitments are delivered on time
· Support/mentor/coach team(s) on design and best practices for high code performance - e.g. pairing, code level analysis and reviews.
· Help define the technology tool stack for the solution and ensure that the design and engineering approach for complex features, are consistent with the larger portfolio solution.
· Evaluate and adapt new testing tool/framework/practices for team(s). Contribute to test strategy creation and automation of test suites for team(s); Drive test strategy adherence across team(s).
· Conduct research, designs prototyping and other exploration activities such as evaluating new toolsets and components for release management, CI/CD, features, etc.
· Constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution; not afraid of challenging the status quo.
· As an individual contributor: Creates frameworks, interfaces and complex components for team(s) to utilize and develop.
· As a lead be accountable for end-to-end delivery of complex features
· Work with stakeholders to establish high-level solution needs and with architects for technical requirements.
Job Types: Contract, Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- WordPress: 8 years (Preferred)
- Web design: 4 years (Preferred)
- UI design: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in New York, NY 10006