Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Field Technician Job descriptionField Technicians are assigned to on-site service of complex power systems. They are responsible for startup, preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting and on-site assistance in the operation of many sophisticated power systems. Due to many interactions with the customer, excellent customer relations and organizational skills are required.
1) Work closely with the customer, for all services including installation assistance, start-up, preventative maintenance, servicing and on-site assistance in the correct operation of the power system. Good oral and written communication skills.
2) Performs 100% of all servicing requirements, or arranges for completion of balance. Demonstrates good judgment on what service is to be attempted on-site, in-shop or other locations, as required.
3) Lists all necessary components and equipment for service assisting approved purchasing methods for customers account. Communicates closely with the customer and service coordinator regarding status of service.
4) Must exhibit extraordinary customer relations skills. Close daily relationship with customer requires a high level of customer satisfaction and perception of value per dollar cost. Company image is perceived primarily through contact with the customer.
5) Takes responsibility for clerical needs, including completeness of service reports.
6) Learns new maintenance requirements for new or existing electrical systems and applies new requirements to existing Maintenance Procedures.
7) Operates and maintains test equipment to high standards. Assures test equipment calibration requirements are maintained.
8) Puts safety first! Must be familiar with safety procedures and safety equipment required for all working assignments. 9)Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $39.00 /hour