Fidus is a front runner in embedded software design, system and hardware. We provide a technical advantage to our global clients ranging from tech giants to start-ups. We have an opening in the area of Software Test Developer with a focus on Linux.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and working with new technologies, is driven to win, and is excited to apply their creative skills. We are a growing company that can have a great deal of impact with lots of exciting challenges.
We have offices located in the Ottawa, Waterloo and San Jose area. Depending how far the candidate resides in relation to one of our site locations, we are open to having this position as a remote working from home opportunity. There would be the expectation that the selected candidate would need to visit the client(s) for the first 2-3 weeks of the project starting in addition to other times throughout the duration of the project when requested by the client.
Advantages of Being a Software Test Developer at Fidus
- An exposure to a large variety of projects and technologies, in many industries
- Flexible work hours and work styles
- Fully stocked kitchen at each of the office locations that offers free breakfast, lunch and snacks any time of the day
- Competitive health and dental benefits
Required Skills & Experience
- Familiarity and experience with IEC 62304 and testing to its application
- Class 2/3 Medical Testing experience.
- Extensive experience in embedded Linux
- Exhibit strong communication skills, are fluent in English, have great customer interaction presence, and quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Proven techniques and habits that lead to high quality design
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience as a test developer in a C/C++ in an embedded Linux environment
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Understanding of computer organization and architecture
- Experience working with advanced, multi-core processors
- Experience with user, driver, and kernel space software development
- Strength in object oriented design principles and implementation
- Familiarity with PERL, TCL, Python or other common scripting languages
- Familiarity with the Yocto Project and its use
- Experience in HW/SW/FPGA integration, and an understanding of digital hardware design
- Experience with the complete software design cycle, from requirement definition through to system integration and verification
Thank you for your interest in Fidus!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.