Rivera Group is seeking a Hardware Support Specialist who has strong technical skills and is a creative thinker. This position involves working as an integral member of a team of highly accomplished software developers and system architects to quickly meet warfighter needs and provide ongoing support during the development cycle. Rivera Group is a fast-paced environment where the willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies is a must. You will work with an intense and passionate team focused on delivering outstanding customer service.
Hardware Support Technician
Annapolis Junction, MD
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide hardware support to a Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory test facility.
- Provide hands-on setup and support for prototype test bench systems.
- Install and reconfigure systems to support test needs of platform.
- Coordinate and track shipment and inventory of systems to and from field sites.
- Coordinate and provide facility support. This includes maintaining physical security requirements, coordinating purchases, repair of equipment and basic troubleshooting.
- Assist Test Bench System Administrators with maintenance, account support, audit reviews and data transfers.
- Support general facility operational readiness for meetings and demonstrations.
- Coordinate communications between team members locally and working in the field.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting computer hardware installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Familiar with computer hardware with a general understanding of different technologies and the ability to wire computer systems together including displays, networking, video extenders and other peripherals.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP) or higher DoD 8570 IAT/IAM certification level required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to facilitate the moving and installation of equipment
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related technical discipline.
- Wide knowledge of computer technologies with a record of providing help desk support in a Linux Desktop environment.
- Familiarity with classified environment procedures including physical security and information system security.
Rivera Consulting Group, Inc. (Rivera Group) is more than an I.T. Consulting and Software Development firm. We’re a magnet for some of the brightest and most creative systems and software engineering experts working today. Headquartered in the Louisville KY metropolitan area, with 125+ employees across 11 states, we’ve built a true team ecosystem that buzzes with the lively flow of ideas and fosters a spirit of collaboration and thought leadership. In short, we’re awesome. Our clients have one thing in common: an urgent need for robust, reliable I.T. solutions where there seem to be none. An Indiana Economic Development Corporation “Companies to Watch” Spotlight Award recipient, we are radically redefining the limits of software engineering through Eagle6, our revolutionary, proprietary enterprise analysis and system modeling tool.
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, , vision insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer exclusive banking opportunities through BB&T@Work.
Rivera Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Rivera Group provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Rivera Group maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled-veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page at www.Riverainc.com.
NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS:
This employer participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
learn more about e-verify & immigrant and employee rights.