Meet our professionals
An employer of choice
Do you have a passion for delivering significant business value to your clients through transformative solutions that disrupt the status quo? Are you experienced in working with technical teams to deliver innovation in the federal market?
If so, join us and elevate your career to the next level at CGI Federal.
Our Digital Services practice is building a team of top talent dedicated to delivering the next generation of services and solutions to the federal government. We are agile practitioners, user-centric designers, data scientists, automation specialists, and business-oriented technologists. Our digital solutions transform the way federal agencies engage with citizens, empower their workforce, and deliver strong mission outcomes.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a ServiceNow Applications Developer for projects with large federal clients. The ServiceNow developer will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and implementation of software projects on the ServiceNow platform. The successful candidate will work closely with the Platform Architect, Business Analyst(s), IT Support and Technical teams to ensure that administration and implementation are conducted per policy, procedures and best practices.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with clients, project managers, and systems management team to clearly define scope of work and provide accurate cost/schedule estimates
- Configure, customize, script, and develop the ServiceNow platform
- Develop Service Catalog items incorporating automation using orchestration
- IT Configuration Management -
o Design and implement solutions following established Configuration Management policies and standards
o Integrate data from multiple data sources into a unified CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- IT Asset Management – Design and implement solutions following established IT Asset Management standards
- Create applications on ServiceNow Service Portal
- Provide technical and thought leadership in both system integration and application development, while also promoting best practices in these areas
- Review internal artifacts and deliverables to ensure they meet solution requirements
- Prepare and maintain technical specifications and documents; architecture diagrams, system documentation and manuals
- Troubleshoot production and test issues; perform root cause analysis, recommend corrective action and perform resolution efforts
- Assist client ITSM teams with associated technical and process activities
- Responsible for the technical specification and implementation of the ServiceNow integration
- Provide expertise on all technical questions related to development on of ServiceNow
- Develop the technical solutions, implements them and performs the component integration tests
- Understand the business needs and the needs to standardize processes, and build this into the design
- Understand the large scale thinking and approach needed for success of the project
- Other duties may be assigned
- 5 years of experience as a ServiceNow developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- Thorough knowledge of ServiceNow – deployment, implementation, integration; ServiceNow certifications/ training
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as, Java, C# is a plus
- Good understanding of Relational Databases and database query language
- Good understanding of Web Services
- Thorough understanding of application security, including SSO, Access Control rules, and more.
- Self-driven and someone who takes ownership
Due to the nature of the government contract , US Citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us:
- Asset Management
- Configuration Management
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.