The Classroom Tech is responsible for the classroom and children. Works closely with the Lead Teacher.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Ensures a positive emotional climate for the children through use of appropriate and approved techniques.
- Maintains a professional, pleasant, and caring attitude towards children, parents, and staff.
- Follows weekly lesson plan and curriculum.
- Ensures that each child's Individualized Treatment Plan is implemented and assists with development of goals/objectives.
- Creates a clean, safe, healthy, and sanitary learning environment.
- Knowledgeable of Arkansas Minimum Child Care Licensing, Better Beginnings
- Ensures completion of daily classroom billing.
- Assists as needed with additional duties such as cleaning, lunch breaks, etc.
Education/ Certification: **
- CDA preferred but not required
Experience/ Knowledge required: **
- At least one year of successful experience in a classroom setting working with developmentally at-risk children or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Skills/ Abilities: **
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to work with children birth to age six and families who are at risk.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic computer skills which includes a working knowledge of database, word processing, spreadsheet, and Internet software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies, and other company documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with families and fellow staff.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)