Summary of Position:
The Estimating Coordinator is responsible for assisting with all construction estimating related functions including the following.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results while maintaining a positive and professional company image.
- The Estimating Assistant works closely with the estimating team to ensure success within the department as it relates to all estimating assignments associated with part production cost, print details, third-party outsourcing, and supplier RFQ (Request for Quote) responses.
- Assist estimators in obtaining the necessary information to generate and send quotes to customers in a timely fashion.
- Prepare RFQ package to be estimated by gathering related specifications from customer and related documents.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Draft and email clear quotes including accurate details needed to receive pricing from capable suppliers.
- Effectively communicate with suppliers, clients, and co-workers to obtain information necessary to complete pre-quoting tasks both via e-mail and/or over the phone.
- Maintain communication on status of all quotes.
- Identify material and time requirements by communicating with estimating team.
- Send completed quotations via email to clients by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Maintain RFQ files by converting, organizing, and saving information according to company’s electronic system.
- Prepares timely and accurate Invitations to Bid for all projects, including uploading of all documents.
- Coordinate estimating activities for the estimating staff by preparing all subcontractor invitation to bids and assuring appropriate levels of trade coverage for all projects.
- Prepares and distributes all clarifications, RFIs, addenda, etc.
- Continually updates templates, contact lists, contact information, etc.
- Prepares bid forms for completion by Estimator.
- Prepares bid packages as directed by Senior Estimator.
- Accuracy and detail of historical databases.
- Management of Invitation to Bid software and distribution of invitations to bid.
- Maintain relationships built amongst estimating staff and vendors.
- Type bid letters; basis of bid qualifications; proposals: etc.
- Create custom proposal covers.
- Create organizational charts for bids and projects
- Work with Estimators to put together turnover packages for Project Management.
- Focus on completed work that has professional appearance.
- Consistency in developing, saving documents & turning out completed projects
- Prepare and maintain subcontractor transmittals.
- Access FTP Sites, download files
- Print & organize files and specs
- Receive, catalog, and distribute drawings, specifications, etc. and subsequent revisions both internally and externally if required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)