About Harvard Business Publishing:
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University, reporting into Harvard Business School. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. This mission influences how we approach what we do here and what we believe is important.
With approximately 450 employees, primarily based in Boston, with offices in New York City, India, and the United Kingdom, Harvard Business Publishing serves as a bridge between academia and enterprises around the globe through its publications and multiple platforms for content delivery, and its reach into three markets: academic, corporate, and individual managers. Harvard Business Publishing has a conventional governance structure comprising a Board of Directors, an internal Executive Committee, and Business Unit Directors.
About Corporate Learning:
Harvard Business Publishing Corporate Learning partners with clients to create world-class leadership development solutions for managers at all levels in global organizations and governments. We leverage the management insight, thought leadership, and expertise of Harvard Business School faculty and Harvard Business Review authors to provide solutions that are relevant to today’s most pressing business challenges. For more than 20 years, we have developed and delivered innovative, technology-enabled solutions that drive meaningful business results.
The Program Manager is a key member of the Harvard Business Publishing team, leading the delivery of blended leadership development programs for some of the world’s leading companies. The Program Manager works closely with our clients, educators, moderators, and colleagues, and is responsible for all aspects of program management, client relationship management, and client satisfaction. Our leadership development programs are best-in-class, and we expect our Program Managers to be, too.
The Program Manager owns the entire delivery process for one or more clients, with engagements typically lasting 4-7 months. This position is ideal for an experienced project or program manager, someone with a background in management and leadership development, who has led client engagements in an executive education department or professional services firm.
Successful Program Managers are team players, have a highly consultative approach to client engagement, flexibility, proven project management ability, and an interest in adult learning and the practice of management. Due to the global nature of our client base, this role is best suited to someone who has availability both during and outside normal working hours.
Program and Event Management
- Manage high quality delivery of programs and services for assigned clients
- Manage each program on budget and to the timeline
- Successfully on-board each new cohort and partner with HBP moderator to successfully implement an effective communications plan with each cohort
- Lead scheduling and delivery for all events for assigned client programs.
- Involve and prepare Senior Engagement Managers, faculty, experts, and moderators as needed to deliver first class education experiences.
- Collaborate with team members to keep the program portal/platform up to date.
- Direct the work of the Program Coordinator and other project team members.
Client Relationship Management
- Serve as primary day-to-day point of contact for client engagements
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the client’s day-to-day project manager and senior sponsors
- Develop and implement a program metrics and evaluation plan
- Manage scope creep and other program risks; anticipate and address issues before they occur.
- Manages delivery of multiple offerings /solutions
- Identify additional business development opportunities and refer to the Relationship Manager
Curriculum Design and Development
- Understands connection between business need with leadership development solution based on needs assessment results
- Engage educators and moderators to deliver on design
- Ability to discuss pedagogy, curriculum, basic instructional design and links between learning objectives and selection of assets preferred
- Leads project team(s), including clarifying processes and tools the team will use, and roles and expectations for team members
- Provides regular feedback to project team during project and via after-action review
- 7+ years of experience in client-facing project management in an educational environment or professional services firm.
- Proven success managing complex projects on-time and on- or below-budget.
- Strong organizational skills required. Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet competing deadlines with available resources.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency required with MS office products such as MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with collaborative technologies such as WebEx.
- Strong business acumen skills. Relationship-oriented. Customer-focused. Willing to go the extra mile to delight clients.
- Highly motivated and with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, and comfort working across cultures with clients around the globe.
- A genuine interest in adult education and management development fields.
- Demonstrates responsibility in a self-directed manner.
- Maintains a professional telecommuting work environment including high-speed broadband Internet connection and appropriate atmosphere to work remotely as needed and communicate with clients and colleagues.