As a Java Software Engineer you will focus on projects that help our customers address their online privacy challenges. You will be responsible for designing and implementing performant and scalable products that help our customers discover their privacy data and assess the relevant risks. Your architectural knowledge and experience will help TrustArc improve the reliability and efficiency of our core technologies and to design and build TrustArc's next generation platforms and web applications. You will use your deep technical experience to work with and mentor other engineers. Your technical judgement and experience will help you to solve complex issues with elegant designs allowing TrustArc to deliver product on time to meet market demand while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field; and
- 5 - 8 years of experience in the job offered (defined as the occupation of Software, Application or System Engineering).
Work experience to include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field; and
- 6 - 10 years of progressive experience in the job offered (defined as the occupation of Java software engineering)
Desired work experience/knowledge:
- Designing and implementing RESTful Enterprise platforms using JVM software (Java, Scala);
- Design and implementation of code with Java Middleware (e.g. Hibernate, Spring);
- Designing and implementing relational schema in a Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQLAnywhere, or equivalent database or any combination thereof;
- Use of software engineering best practices
- Design documentation and review
- Code reviews
- Debugging application/system errors on development, QA and production systems;
- Designing testing infrastructures and implementing unit tests using the Junit (or equivalent) framework;
- Technical leadership of an engineering team to build, deploy, and support a reliable, performant and scalable RESTful platform;
- Mentoring junior engineers on design patterns as well as design and implementation best practices (including Agile methodologies).
- Development work on Privacy management systems
- Development work on large web-based multi-tenant enterprise platforms
- Experience with AWS infrastructure, e.g. S3, EC2, database services (RDS)
- Open source contribution
- Ability to sing Karaoke!
TrustArc simplifies privacy compliance and risk management via an unrivaled combination of powerful technology, deep privacy expertise, and proven methodologies. Our new name, TrustArc, reflects our evolution from a certification company into a global provider of technology powered products and services. We have over 200 employees, over 1,000 active clients, are backed by leading VC firms, have a fun / vibrant work environment, and a great San Francisco location (4th / Market, near BART). Learn more at www.trustarc.com ( http://www.truste.com/ ).
What makes working here so great?
Conveniently located above a BART station and right next to a major mall and countless amazing restaurants, TrustArc thrives in an exciting location. At TrustArc, you'll enjoy regular catered lunches, endless snacks, a culture focused on learning/growth, giving back, healthy activities, and fun! We have regular events like themed happy hours and an annual Giants game as well as learning events and other opportunities to engage in an emerging industry.
To all recruitment agencies:
TrustArc does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TrustArc's human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TrustArc's career jobs alias or its employees. TrustArc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.