What you will do
This job consists of performing operations required to lay out, assemble, erect, lead check, perform air run, oil and air pressure test, vacuum test system and repair direct drive power generation sources to compressors. Assemble, repair tubing, and brazing of piping and fittings of engineered production systems.
Location: Grantley Plant in York, PA
Pay: $19.87 per hour
Shift: 1st shift, 6:30-3:00pm, Monday-Friday. Some overtime may be required at times on the weekends. Weekend hours are 12:00-7:00pm
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment.
How you will do it
1. Operations include working from isometric drawings, orders, process sheets, specifications, instructions.
2. Layout, determine route of piping and tubing, location and type of supports, measure, cut to length, flare, thread.
3. Assemble, level, connect, braze fittings, controls, components.
4. Check operation of oil filters, oil drain, diagnose problems, repair, replace components.
5. Assemble valves, oil filters, pumps, lubricating devices, covers, gaskets, pressure control panels.
6. Erect motor drives, layout, locate holes, position components, determine, maintain clearances, level, align, drill and tap flange connections.
7. Fit tapered pins and keys, shrink rotors on shaft.
8. Charge systems with refrigerant and air, leak check, repair leaks.
What we look for
1. Two (2) or more years of related assembly experience, preferably with mechanical systems and equipment.
2. Experience and knowledge working with shop mathematics and the ability to work from assembly blue prints.
3. Ability to use a steel scale, precision measuring instruments, alignment instructions, level, brazing torch, leak detector, hand, power hand tools, ladders, tube, pipe bending equipment, appropriate material handling equipment.
4. Ability to make considerable judgment to plan and make general decisions within prescribed quality and tolerances.
5. Ability to determine arrangement, length of run, spacing, location of fittings and components.
6. Ability to work in a manufacturing facility.
7. Ability to climb ladders, lift up to 45 pounds, and to stand for the majority of the working shift.
8. Must be able to pass a Navy MIL Standard brazing test
1. Auto Mechanic or VoTech schooling with a strong mechanical aptitude
2. Experience working with large commercial or industrial HVAC equipment
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Job Manufacturing Operations
Other LocationsUS-PA-Harrisburg, US-PA-Lancaster
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions