About New Benefits:
Are you a high performer? Now is your chance to check out a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of customizable non-insured health, personal security, financial, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional customer service and support, superior products, administration, print services, billing and compliance while promoting integrity and honesty in the marketing of non-insured products and services.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the Staff Accountant will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The Staff Accountant is accountable for all aspects of the accounts receivable process, including billing calculations, payment posting and reconciliation, performing periodic financial reviews of existing customers, calculating and paying commissions, organizing the collections process, and consistently applying the company’s credit and financial policies with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. This position will also be cross-trained with other areas in the Accounting Department and will be groomed for future growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Post and Manage Payments on Receivables (70%)
- Receive, open and sort incoming payments
- Post daily batches from bank deposit against invoices in accounting system and ensure batch totals equal deposit totals
- Resolve payment concerns (i.e. overpayments and underpayments), speaking with internal resources and/or customer contact
- Partner with CFO to confirm amount submitted is accurate and commission is paid on amount received
- Ensure payments are properly reflected in the Company’s billing system, including proper allocations for purposes of paying commissions.
- Resolve questions and issues from customers related to invoices
- Process Invoices and Commission Payments (20%)
- Verify and ensure accuracy of data prior to invoice distribution
- Generate and distribute group related monthly invoices within the first two business days of the month
- Partner with CFO and Client Services to determine proper invoice calculation for brokers required to meet a monthly minimum
- Generate and distribute broker invoices by the fifth business day of the month
- Manage the invoicing process for exception clients, and process other invoice requests as needed (group setup fees, fulfillment, etc.)
- Ensure all documentation from Brokers and Marketers is collected and appropriate information is entered into the company’s accounting and billing systems.
- Administer refunds to groups and members when appropriate
- Collection Management
- Monitor receivables and collections and provide regular updates to executive management
- Identify receivable issues, analyze delinquent accounts and prepare reports on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution
- Interact with clients to reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts; resolve questions and issues related to unpaid or past due invoices
- Initiate credits and adjustments to client accounts within company policy limits; negotiate payment programs with delinquent clients; partner with executive management for exceptions
- Maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery records
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors
- Actively work to recover debts owed to the company, which could include the collection of accounts previously written off
- Ensure credit policies of the company are adhered to; credit goals achieved; and accurate business records and sound bookkeeping procedures are maintained
- Develop standard operating procedures for evaluating client financials; implement liens as necessary to major delinquent account as approved
- Partner with Counsel to generate legal documents as necessary
- Provide weekly reports and updates on problem accounts, exceptions, contingent liabilities and accounts receivable aging
- Manage positive business relationships with Client Services, collection agencies, credit reporting agencies, and credit insurance providers
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management preferred
- 2 years premium Accounts Receivables
- 2 years Accounts Payable
- 2 years’ experience in Finance, Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Advanced knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable required
- Excellent skills with MS Office programs including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Knowledge in QuickBooks or other major accounting software package
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Excellent active listening skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking to identify potential solutions or new approaches for current operating procedures
- Strong customer negotiation experience required
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate information in a straightforward manner and resolve conflicts, but with an attitude of exceptional customer service
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization's standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Passion – Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Persuasive Communication – The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences
- Building Collaborative Relationships – The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Personal Credibility – Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy
- Attention to Communication – The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Interpersonal Awareness – The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others' concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others
- Analytical Thinking – The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
- Diagnostic Information Gathering – The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it
- Thoroughness – Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Benefits Discount Card (Free to Employees and Immediate Family Members)
- 401K with a 5-year vesting
- 10 days’ Vacation and 5 days of personal / sick
- 9.5 paid Holidays per year
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Accounts Payable: 1 year
- Accounts Receivable: 2 years
Required work authorization: