JOB TITLE: Community Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
LOCATION: Dodge City, KS, The Reserves at Cimarron Valley
COMPENSATION: $15.00 to $16.00 per hour (or compensation commensurate with experience)
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic property manager for stunning Tax Credit apartment community in Dodge City, KS. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, custom service driven, and a team player. This position requires an individual to demonstrate strong leadership skills to manage and motivate their community staff members. __
OpMark is a regional property management company, working primarily in Kansas. OpMark was formed to provide innovative and quality residential property services for both conventional and affordable housing communities. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Prior to employment, all Candidates will be required to successfully complete a background investigation and drug screening. Candidates must provide proof of identity and legal authority to work in the United States. OpMark, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Community Manager is fully accountable for all day-to-day operations of the community. This position oversees and enhances the value of the property, employs and develops the staff while maintaining positive resident relations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops monthly marketing plan for the community. Establishes weekly leasing goals in order to achieve budgeted occupancy levels. Oversees outside marketing to major employers and local businesses on a weekly basis. Maintains detailed knowledge of market and sub-market through networks established and maintained with significant competitors.
- Implements property operating budget to maintain and control property income in addition to expenses to achieve goals set by ownership and the corporate office.
- Develops rapport with residents through timely communication and interaction at property sponsored gatherings.
- Supervises, trains, and coordinates all onsite community staff members to ensure all are contributing positively to the community to achieve goals and standards set by the company
- Completes required reports weekly, monthly, and quarterly with regards to leasing, occupancy, budget variance and capital reporting
- Oversees Accounts Receivable ensuring rents and all other applicable fees are billed, collected, and deposited into the bank. Ensures that collection and demand notices are generated, delivered and/or posted as required by local laws. Initiates and oversees eviction process working with the attorney, if needed, to ensure timeliness and desired results.
- Performs regular property inspections for cleanliness, curb appeal, and to ensure property is free of hazards.
- Manages the process of “turning over a unit” to make available for next renter to ensure unit sure made ready by company standards by maintenance personnel and vendors.
- Conducts move-out inspections and assesses charges, if appropriate
- Oversees Accounts Payable ensuring invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment in a timely and adheres to purchase ordering system to manage expenses
- Must be available evenings, nights and weekends for staffing needs and emergencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to market the community, generate traffic, and close sales to prospective residents
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with residents, employees, and vendors
- Excellent time management skills and must be detail oriented
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills, and follow up effectively with all staffing levels
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to provide motivation and direction for the community
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, multi-task, adapts quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
- Dependability and attendance – it is expected to arrive on time to work each day
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience and expertise with Microsoft Office, required
- Experience with a property management software program (Yardi, OneSite, etc.), required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required
- 2 years’ experience in on-site multifamily property management, preferred
- Industry certifications (ARM, CAM, CPM, etc), preferred
The team member will be regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The employee may occasionally be required to climb. Employee will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Property Management: 1 year
- High school or equivalent