Delivering unique and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. For life’s grandest moments, go Grand!
Headquartered in sunny San Diego, the Grand Restaurant Group is a full-service hospitality management organization that delivers meaningful experiences to each and every guest. It’s our goal to transform the current dining landscape and evolve the customer service and hospitality fields through unique restaurants by design, exclusive special events, and service that’s second to none. Welcome to the Grand experience – welcome to the Grand Restaurant Group!
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will work with the Restaurant Manager to help oversee as well as assist with managing the daily operations of the restaurant.
- Organizes and oversees the staff schedules.
- Oversees food preparation, ensuring compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with all aspects of the restaurant and dining experience.
- Handles customer complaints, resolving issues in a diplomatic and courteous manner.
- Ensures compliance with alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Estimates food and beverage costs.
- Manages inventory and purchases food and supplies.
- Conducts daily inspection of restaurant and equipment to ensure compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
- Periodically evaluates restaurant equipment for repairs and maintenance; schedules for service.
- Collaborates with chefs to develop appetizing menus.
- Maintains sales records and tracks cash receipts.
- Prepares and submits operations reports and other documentation requested by the regional manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous restaurant experience required.
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
The Grand Restaurant Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
***Rate of Pay: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Leadership Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)