JOB TITLE: RV / Trailer National Sales Leader
DEPARTMENT: Sales > Director Level
REPORTS TO: Chief Commercial Officer (TBD – CEO on interim basis)
STARTING SALARY: 1) Base Salary determined by experience and skill level
2) Variable compensation pay based on sales performance
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Sales Leader provides sales leadership and drives Sales Team growth initiatives for both the Trailer and RV Business Units serving end use markets and customers. The Sales Leader is accountable to drive profitable top line growth by emphasizing teamwork and accountability from the customer back through the dealer network and across all our business transactions.They bring the organization’s go to market strategy to life by executing sales plans with our customer facing teams. Sets the direction of the Sales Team in conjunction with the General Managers of each Business Unit. Ensures that the Sales Team has the needed tools, training, resources and systems to achieve their sales revenue targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models and supports the ATC core values and mission critical behaviors.
- Sets, owns and leads sales strategies for the organization and drives successful execution to achieve profitable top-line growth for all product lines.
- Coaches and motivates a diverse sales team of professional by creating an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance management, talent evaluation and management of people. This is a high touch leadership position and must evaluate individual strengths and challenges to coach and close talent gaps as necessary.
- Initiates the hiring, onboarding and training of new Sales Team members. Develops and implements sales incentive programs.
- Emphasizes sales productivity of sales funnel and management of the business by the numbers.
- Analyzes results, identifies opportunities to improve systems, processes and programs to ultimately drive positive change.
- Works closely with Business Unit leadership to develop and implement strategies, systems, tactics, metrics, budgets, resource requirements, and action plans to grow and support sales revenue targets and future growth targets within a specific region.
- Provides input on product development, based on customer feedback and market insights. Assists in evaluation of product lines, ensuring customers receive the brand and quality we commit to delivering.
- Collaborates with the marketing team, ensuring the sales team has the resources they need to position our solutions for a win. Sets a strategic and integrated plan to generate leads, enhancing and building the brand.
- Identifies opportunities and challenges with dealers’ sales process to provide product value proposition training on features and benefits to customer.
- Organizes and inspires the sales organization and other functional teams to collaborate with the sales team to deliver on the strategic objectives and related targets to improve.
- Communicates with all major dealers and models behavior for the sales team so that our customers know our strategic plans, how to position for market conditions, and build trust and operating integrity in our business relationships.
- Evaluates dealer placement by market segment/territory. Identify markets in need of dealer expansion, markets where our desired share position requires corrective action and works with the team to achieve our shared goals for all product lines.
- Identifies opportunities for Marketing support and provides feedback to Business Units and Product Lines on competitor threats.
- Demonstrates ability to design selling programs, with an outside-in perspective, to drive Trailer and RV Business Unit profitability through the dealer network.
- Owns the sales revenue forecast by dealer, by sales person, by month, quarter and annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Proven to have successfully led sales, marketing or business teams with 5-plus years’ experience
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time
- RV or Trailer industry experience required
- Building strong customer and dealer relations
- Leading an organization in a range of economic conditions, i.e. expansion, contraction, stable economic conditions
- Operating across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Increasing margins through aggressive management of price, mix and cost
- Marketing and selling new products and services; attracting new customers
- Growing a sales organization organically
- Delivering rapid improvement in an under-performing organization
- Participating in the development of strategic plans
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent; developing and growing talent, growth and development
- Leading teams who are located remotely
- Acquiring and developing dealer network
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by superior presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs
Demonstrated ability to develop a functional operating plan
- Demonstrated ability to increase margins
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Please describe an occasion when you built a successful sales team from the ground up. What steps did you take to accomplish this goal?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused