Responsible for the design and production of College publications and classroom teaching materials using computer work stations and printers as well as a wide variety of standard graphics and publication tools. Oversees with graphic production projects from concept to completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with faculty and/or staff to electronically produce graphics files
- Works with graphics software in general and InDesign in particular, to produce graphics files
- Creates press and internet quality files from Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications with a clear understanding of the difference between press and internet ready files
- Manages the intake and production of advertising projects
- Consults with client via phone, email and in person; will generate electronic and mechanical proofs to send to client for approval
- Works with the customer to produce a product that meets their needs
- Oversees the maintenance and operations of computer equipment and numerous printers in the graphics production area
- Utilizes specialized billing database, ensures advertisement projects are logged in, totaled, and presented to customers with production costs. Depending on the advertisement purposes, projects may be printed, mounted on illustration boards, laminated, or prepared by another means of presentation
- Updates job requests and billing databases. Collaborates on job requests with customers
- Assists with the design and creation of artwork. Assists with general files and job layouts
- Pre-flight’s and troubleshoots files for print and web
- Generates job layout utilizing most efficient use of stock size
- Queues jobs for digital printing with clear understanding of Color Process, Postscript Printer Description and Raster Image Processing
- Mounts and laminates artwork
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Associate’s degree or 60 college hours in Art (Graphic Design, computers, art or media technology)
- One (1) year supervisory experience or combination of three (3) years related education and experience
- Knowledge and experience with cross platform computer operating systems, computer software, hardware and peripherals.
- Two (2) years of experience typesetting and desktop publishing
- Good working knowledge of computers and skills appropriate to trouble-shooting electronic files and equipment problems
- Familiarity with printing preproduction processes
- Excellent problem solving abilities and e
- Ability to work with faculty and staff
- Experience with computerized systems
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Adobe Software Certification
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures Knowledge, Skills and Ability Physical Demands and Work Environment
Please click here for a list of physical demands and work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs. May require travel between campus locations.
Posting Date 06/15/2018
Posting Contact Summary
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individual
Contact Elida Galvan