The successful candidate has:
- 5+ years in a technical, product management, or evangelism/developer advocacy role or equivalent technology experience
- A willingness to travel and the ability to work autonomously
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Fluency in at least one language supported by AWS SDKs
Location for this role is flexible within the USA***
Are you interested in an unique opportunity to be the customer advocate for an Amazon service that scales to hundreds of millions of users, provides a mission critical service, and speaks to developers and IT professionals alike? Amazon Cognito is looking for a talented Developer Advocate, passionate about identity and security, to contribute to the product definition for the next iteration of the service, define the customer engagement strategy and guide developers and enterprises as they implement their customer identity architectures in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
In this role, you will:
use your passion and ingenuity to foster a vibrant community of developers, technologists, and industry opinion makers; work with the product team to ensure customer feedback is captured in the service roadmap; and improve the quality of the technical content available to Cognito customers.
If you are passionate about the security domain, enjoy speaking to developers integrating authentication solutions and guiding large companies as they navigate complex identity landscapes, and are comfortable focusing on deep technical topics while contributing to high level product strategy this job is for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a speaker at meetups, technology conferences, or trade shows
- Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels
- Delivering compelling and comprehensive technical content, such as white papers, tutorials and code samples for Cognito technical documentation
- Working with AWS solution architects to share best practices, build reference architectures and product demos during presales support
- Collaborating with the product team to define product roadmap, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
- Experience building a developer community
- Demonstrated experience on helping customers as an architect and guide
- BS degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Hands on experience with identity platforms
- Experience with presenting with authority at large conferences
- Fluency with a high level language like Java, .Net, or Python
- Demonstrable following in social and technical channels such as Twitter or GitHub