Premier Structures Inc. is looking for a Superintendent to join the team. The superintendent’s primary responsibility is to provide support onsite by participating in field measurements, material ordering, overseeing jobsite safety and quality. The ideal candidate will have knowledge on project scheduling, reading blueprints, strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate various trades. This position will require travel within the Bay Area.
- Supervise and manage project team members
- Scheduling subcontractors and checking their workmanship for quality and progress
- Assure that work is inspection ready, schedule inspections and walk with inspectors
- Coordinating deliveries
- Perform administrative duties such as RFI's, Submittals, Daily Log's etc.
- Checking project to ensure a safe working site
- Cleaning construction trailer
- Analyze drawings and specifications
- Lead meetings with Subcontractors to develop complete scopes and discuss strategy
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding of all parties involved
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships
- 5 years’ experience supervising all aspects of commercial projects
- Proven ability to manage subcontractors and schedule work
- Working knowledge of ProCore construction management software preferred but not required
- Organizational ability
- Ability to work effectively with subcontractors, inspectors, architects and co-workers.
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact on the phone and in person
- High level of attention to detail and follow-up
- Taking pride and ownership in the work being performed
- Physical ability to lift/handle materials
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 5 years (Required)