Our Mission is to extend the Love of God Through Compassion and Caring for the Whole Person.
Employees are hired to help extend the love of God through compassion and caring for the whole person. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The Housekeeping Staff maintains environmental and infection control standards within established policies and procedures of the health care center. The position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Maintain all assigned areas in a clean and sanitary condition
- Wash, dust, polish, vacuum and sweep all areas of the establishment
- Clean sinks, tubs, showers and toilets according to prescribed sanitary standards
- Polish fittings and fixtures
- Clean mirrors and windows
- Empty and clean trash cans
- Ensure adequate stock of cleaning supplies
- Keep cleaning equipment in good working order
- Maintain clean storage area for equipment and supplies
- Observe and report any maintenance issues
- Clean resident rooms, offices and waiting areas using cleaning chemicals and disinfectants
- Clean and sanitize floors, equipment and furniture according to infection-control policies
- Operate various types of cleaning equipment
- Reports defective equipment or needed repairs.
- Handle and dispose of waste using standard procedures
- Clean mattresses and beds according to established procedures
- Monitor inventory of supplies such as paper towels, soap, toilet paper
- Performs terminal cleaning according to established procedures after each discharge.
- Attends staff education, training and other meetings
- Maintains professional conduct while interacting with residents
- Follows facility policies and procedures including but not limited to resident rights, infection control, dignity, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Empathy and compassion
- Possess the ability to follow instructions and accept constructive criticism
- Willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- 8th Grade Education at minimum
- Must be 18 years of age or older
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
Our facility’s commitment to excellence goes hand-in-hand with our Christian mission. We are dedicated to providing quality care and services. We believe that extraordinary care has a profound effect on our residents' healing and well-being. That's why we train our employees to provide high touch care in a high tech environment. In all we do, we strive to meet our resident's needs and expectations. That means making sure we have the best team available, and taking care of our staff is just as important to us as taking care of our residents. It’s not only our mission, it’s our passion!
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of our faciliy.