EMD HQ LaGrange, IL
Auto req ID:
- Responsible for analyzing warranty failure information, confirming customer contractual agreements, preparing reports or studies utilized in the adjudication of warranty claims, communicating warranty claim denials to customer;
- Manage PRL Service Welders to respond to customer repair requirements;
- Work involves accuracy and the ability to make independent decisions within the limits of our supply chain, warranty, sales, service and financial process;
- Significant independent judgment is used, but some direct guidance received from supervisor/manager;
- Adhere to all Company, Department, and Workgroup policies and procedures including Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Participate in department, workgroup, and project meetings and discussions.
Progress Rail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a total solutions provider of rolling stock and infrastructure products and services. We are a premier employer within the global rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With headquarters in Albertville, AL, more than 8,000 employees serve customers through a network of close to 200 worldwide locations, and as one of the most trusted providers of locomotive, freight car, transit, track and signal solutions, we are continually expanding our footprint.
Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to create value for and serve our customers with the best team.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com or follow us on twitter @Progress_Rail.
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in engineering, business, or Finance or equivalent training.
Sr. Statistical Analyst - Warranty
Key Job Elements:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Prepare monthly and annual financial summaries;
- Maintain extended/ deferred warranty activities;
- Maintain Policy activities;
- Support department Sarbanes-Oxley requirements;
- Prepare and maintain proposal quote requests;
- Prepares, analyzes and audits warranty data for adjudication and reporting to PRL management;
- Prepares warranty application data integrity check to assure accuracy of information;
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data and recommends process changes to strengthen data to allow for increased accuracy of failure, reliability, and cost calculations;
- Writes reports to customers, distributors, and/or field service team with summaries of findings as they relate to warranty claims;
- Monitors and audits reports to assure accuracy;
- Act as warranty analyst for Power Product distributors, and various other domestic accounts as required;
- Manage warranty repair and return process as needed;
- Key resource for SAP warranty transactions;
- Maintain and record statistical data;
- Perform Special assignments as required;
- Approve/administer warranty claims problems/disputes as needed;
- Investigate/ resolve warranty request problems/disputes as needed;
- Review DIRs for accuracy;
- Review submitted orders for accuracy & update misinformation accordingly;
- Customer-specific conference calls;
- Coordinate on-site service welder support;
- Support management report requests.
- Analytical ability where problems are complex;
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers, suppliers and other departments;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access);
- Oral and written communications skills;
- Customer relationship building;
- Strong organization skills, able to consistently meet deadlines;
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment;
- Technical knowledge of locomotive components;
- Extensive knowledge of SAP (Material Master, Purchase Orders, Financial Transactions, and Warranty Transactions);
- Knowledge of shop practices and basic machinery;
- Ability to travel as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..