Full Job Description
- Partner with the plant senior leadership team to help solve complex organizational challenges, while ensuring we have the right people in the right function, helping us drive results and grow our business.
- To manage the Hill and Valley Human Resources Department, overseeing administration of hiring, retention, terminations, employee records, legal compliance, compensation, Worker’s Compensation, and payroll within the organization. Develop and implement company policies and procedures, compensation classification and programs for employee training, job specific, quality, and safety.
- Act as a direct liaison between J&J Snack Foods Corp HQ and Hill and Valley for the development of employee welfare, performance goals, employee development, and auditing.
- Develop, implement, and communicate policies and programs in collaboration with corporate and local management for the structure and organization of all Hill and Valley employees.
- Coach and train supervisors on interpreting and enforcing policy and procedures.
- Oversee attendance policy for all applicable employees.
- Manage disciplinary processes of all employees. Coordinate with Director Human Resources and Legal Counsel for major offenses and terminations.
- Maintain compliance of all laws, policies, and procedures at the federal and state level including the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act, HIPAA, DOL, EEOC, and ADA.
- Investigate EEOC and employee claims of harassment, unfair treatment and retaliation
- Partner with management team to provide strategic insight and guidance critical for on-going positive employee relations.
- Maintain employee Performance reviews, action plans, merit increases and succession planning program.
- Direct recruiting and talent management including the vetting and onboarding process
- Oversee temporary staffing agencies, participate in contract negotiations, and ensure proper insurance requirements are met.
- Key focal point for the establishment and delivery of annual training programs to meet OSHA requirements, food defense, and leadership training needs through varying training methodologies.
- Develop and maintain all company job descriptions complete with ADA analysis.
- Workers Compensation Management
- Report recordable injuries to Travelers
- Case Management
- Participate in Accident Investigations
- Maintain EMQR requirements for Training & Communicable Disease Policies
- Supervise and manage responsibilities of the Human Resources Administrators, Recruiter, Payroll Administrator, and Safety Coordinators.
- Primary contact for Ethics/Social Compliance Audits.
- Maintain verification and approve health and welfare billing
- Maintain retention and accuracy of all confidential personnel records, legal health records, and protected health information for all employees.
- Other projects set forth by Director Human Resources and the Plant Manager
- Responsible for food safety and quality
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle several projects and tasks independently
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and ability to clarify complex processes and procedures to staff, customers, and auditors
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction