Under general direction, provides knowledge and consultation to Financial Advisors (FAs) and clients regarding all Private Client Banking (PCB) products which includes Cash Solutions, Mortgage, Securities Based Lending (including Margin) and Structured Lending. Responsible for PCB sales and growth objectives and service performance. Builds relationships and position themselves as key members of an FA’s and branch management’s team. Works in partnership with Internal Banking Consultants, Cash, SBL and Mortgage Consultant(s), and Operations to ensure consistent and high quality service. Uses knowledge and skills obtained through education, training and experience to assist in creating solutions for financial advisors and their clients as it pertains to Private Client Banking products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial point of contact for FAs regarding PCB lending and cash solutions for assigned territory.
- Consistently conduct/complete branch visits, branch/FA profiles, FA book reviews and call reports.
- Partner with FAs to provide sound financial advice regarding PCB products to clients.
- Build PCB product awareness and understanding among FAs and Sales Assistants (SAs), with emphasis on the high opportunity FA teams.
- Build, promote, market and maintain an adequate pipeline of opportunities to meet loan production and growth goals.
- Establish a reputation of execution and excellence. Gain confidence of FAs to fully develop the banking solutions with their clients.
- Lead marketing, training and education efforts in conjunction with Internal Banking Consultants for FAs and SAs in assigned territory.
- Partner with the home office product partners for execution of Cash Solutions, Mortgages, SBLs, Margin, and Structured Lending.
- Attend conferences, meetings for/in regions on behalf of RJ Bank.
- Understand competitive landscape and develop strategies to provide solutions to FAs and clients.
- Develop and implement product marketing strategies with Branch Management and FA team.
- Work with and communicate effectively with Internal Banking Consultants, FAs, branch managers, branch staff and product partners.
- Conduct regular team meetings with internal PCB product fulfillment partners.
- Influence strategic direction, develop tactical plans and complete difficult assignments with substantial latitude for decisions and actions
- Develop and present creative and intelligent solutions and advise in structuring client transactions or offer constructive alternatives
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Advanced principles, practices, concepts and procedures of cash solutions, securities based lending (including Margin), mortgages, and structured lending and banking and financial markets and products.
- Established organizational policies, strategies and procedures for PCB product offering.
- Proven new business development /origination experience with lending products is required.
- Principles and methods for promoting and educating on securities based lending, margin, mortgages, structured lending and cash management.
- Expert knowledge of credit products including, residential mortgage products, and securities based loans, and high net worth structured lending products.
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Recognizing and understanding the financial needs of all types of clients.
- Closely interact with Internal Banking Consultants (IBC) FAs, clients and associates to provide high level of service.
- Providing a high level of client service in the spirit of Raymond James’ Service 1st commitment. Possess excellent business development and marketing skills and desire to consistently achieve top revenue results.
- Maintain poise, presence and professionalism with FAs and their affluent clients in the most difficult circumstances.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Analyzing financial/collateral information and determining credit worthiness.
- Preparing management reports.
- Demonstrate positive initiative, leadership and comfort working in a fast paced environment.
- Detail orientation with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
- Good collaboration skills in a team-oriented environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Build strong and productive relationships with financial advisors, branch managers, clients, product partners and internal banking consultants.
- Understand the financial needs of the retail brokerage clientele.
- Efficiently, tactfully & professionally screen, manage and/or decline transactions while maintaining FA and client relationships.
- Train financial advisors and sales assistants on product suite.
- Meet deadlines and manage FA and client expectations.
- Partner with other functional areas and Internal Banking Consultant to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Articulate reasons behind decisions.
- Clearly communicate regarding decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Make recommendations for initiating changes to policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or business administration with a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of successful lending business development experience with an investment, commercial or private bank.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- SIE Preferred
- Series 7, 63 (or 66) preferred.
- Completion of formal credit training strongly preferred.
- Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Priority will be given to protected veterans
- EOE/AA: Female/Minorities/Disabled/Protected Veterans/LGBT
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Primary Location US-NY-New York-New York City
Organization RJ Bank
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, 75 % of the Time
Eligible for Discretionary Bonus Yes