VTG Rail is seeking a part-time Human Resources Manager.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, well-rounded generalist wanting to work part time, 20-24 hours per week. The HR Manager will lead all HR-related functions including, but not limited to; recruiting, benefits administration, performance management, legal compliance and reporting, employee relations, conflict resolution, payroll, IT coordination, and office management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to interact and relate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Recruiting and workforce planning
- Retention: ensuring competitive salary and benefit programs are offered and assisting leadership with employee performance reviews
- Mentoring skills, creating a coaching culture across all locations
- Employment Practices: manage compliance, update policies and procedures
- Payroll: process semi-monthly payroll, track and report PTO
- Performance: manage the performance review process
- Coordinate IT: provide and coordinate general IT assistance, follow-up escalated issues
- Office management: coordinate all services (equipment, internet, phones, etc.), plan events, supply management and itinerary
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in Business or Human Resources
- HR certification desired
- Minimum of 5-8 years of progressive HR experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Must have a strong collaborative style
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Flexible schedule
- Holiday and PTO
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter with resume.
Job Type: Part-time
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- HR Certification (Preferred)
Overtime often available: