3 Openings for IT Project Managers @ DeerField, IL for 6 Months Contract
This position will initially begin remotely and most likely be in Deerfield IL.
The main function of an IT project/program manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming. Job
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Manage backup, security and user help system.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions.
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- PMI or PMP certification preferred.
- 8-10 years experience required.
Job Type: Contract
Full Time Opportunity:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19