The ideal candidate for this position has at least 3 years experience working in the SEO industry, preferably in an agency setting. Exceptional technical writing skills, organizational skills, experience with Webmaster Tools (both Google and Bing), and proficiency with Microsoft Word are also required for this position. Heavy experience with Google Analytics. You’re also going to need a strong and current understanding of both Google and Bing ranking factors. Experience working with large dynamic sites is also a bonus.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in actively doing search engine optimization
- Experience in optimizing dynamic websites
- Experience in optimizing e-commerce websites
- Heavy experience with keyword research
- Heavy experience with on page optimization
- Knowledge of and experience with utilizing Schema markup
- Knowledge of and experience with identifying and solving indexing issues
- A healthy understanding of external linking in regards to SEO
- Great people skills, be able to educate a client and make recommendations
- Extreme organizational skills
- Great writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- A sense of humor
- Experience with Raven Tools, Screaming Frog and SEMRush is a plus, though not required.
- Identifying problems and recommending solutions of on page, off page and search engine indexing in regards to SEO
- Communicating with clients and explaining the problems and solutions of their website optimization
- Writing technical documents relating to a website’s search engine optimization efforts
- There are no formal education requirements. If you fit all of the above requirements, you can be considered for the position.