Full Job Description
Medical Technologists (Laboratory Technologists) - Microbiology Lab
Networking & Interview Day
March 18, New Hyde Park
Join the unsung heroes in clinical laboratory science at Northwell Health and become a part of a progressive team delivering life-saving care.
Our Microbiology Lab Technologists operate on the cutting-edge of diagnostic services, utilizing the most innovative tools in the industry to provide the most efficient and most accurate results to our clinicians as we can. Their work behind-the-scenes helps redefine the way health care is delivered locally, regionally and nationally, and on March 18, we’re giving talented, laboratory professionals like you the opportunity to do the same.
At this event, you’ll speak directly with hiring managers ready to show you how your skills have the potential to make a huge impact. Come network with our clinical laboratory team members and tour our new state-of-the-art automated lab, the largest health system-based lab in the region.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Basic Science or related field, required.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (or as appropriate to area of assignment), required.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience and/or training specific to the work being done in the area noted above, required.
- Sets-up and performs a variety of routine and/or complex laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab area and personal qualifications. Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reports results.
- Follows established in-process quality control procedures including recording data.
- Performs routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoots basic instrumentation, culture media, chemicals, reagents, stains, solutions, technical problems, and methodologies.
- Maintains sufficient supplies at work stations.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities.
- Uses Infection Control practices and procedures.
- Performs related duties, as required.
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet
Northwell Laboratories facts:
- 30 million + tests performed at 23 hospital-based labs including our Centralized Laboratories
- 2,000+ lab employees across our system
- Our Automated lab has the largest Roche automated line of its kind in the U.S., and one of the largest in the world
- Our Microbiology lab has the largest Kiestra Micro automated line in the U.S.
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest healthcare provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, nearly 700 outpatient facilities, and more than 13,600 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 68,000 employees – 16,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
Job Type: Full-time