Job Description:Job Purpose:
Provide advanced administrative support for the Chief
Financial Officer, including daily coordination of the
schedule of appointments, meetings, conferences (on and
off campus) and travel arrangements. Take minutes when
necessary. Prepare agenda and other documents and
complete tasks assigned related to a variety of
meetings. Prepare materials, as needed, for meetings of
the Board of Trustees and Board Committee Meetings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a wide variety of forms, documents and
reports, including contracts, financial records and
forms, state or county documents and reports, board
and division meetings, conferences, and travel
records. Create and maintain filing system as
required by law. Proofread all work to ensure
- Assist with preparation, revision, implementation,
maintenance and monitoring of the division budget.
Orders office supplies, equipment and services
through appropriate purchasing system. Process
numerous financial documents according to Business
- Use current systems to acquire needed information on
students, faculty loads, and budget. Maintain
confidentiality in all matters related to the
executive's office, including organizational plans
and human resources matters.
- Open, sort and distribute mail. Maintain filing
system including correspondence and inventory
- Serve as backup to other Executive Assistants.
Assist the President and Executive Assistant to the
President/Secretary to the Board of Trustees as
- Maintain the division website.
- May supervise student assistants.
- Maintain working knowledge of college policies and
procedures and respond to emergency situations in a
calm and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in
accordance with College policies, procedures, and
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of college policies, practices and
- Knowledge of department software
- Knowledge of secretarial and office management
practices and procedures
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Outlook, as
well as Banner and purchasing software
- Knowledge of computer software programs Microsoft
- Knowledge of conferencing facilities and techniques
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Skills to work accurately with numerical data.
- Travel and priority planning skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Record keeping skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to handle daily mail and email
- Ability to manage confidential information and
- Ability to manage schedules and calendars
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to manage a busy office and calendar
- Ability to develop board materials
- Ability to research, purchase, or otherwise obtain
equipment and supplies
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force
occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently,
and/or a negligible amount of force constantly
having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg
controls requires exertion of forces greater than
that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker
sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work.
- Positions in this class typically include talking,
hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and
repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and reaching.
- Relatively free from unpleasant environmental
conditions or hazards. Office environment.
- Little physical effort required
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of the positions
given this title and shall not be construed as a
declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities
of any particular position. Employees may be requested
to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor
Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by
position. The employer actively supports Americans with
Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable
Associate's degree from a regionally accredited
institution and four (4) years of experience as
executive assistant or in a closely related position
equivalent combination of education and experience.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore,
candidates will be subject to a criminal background