Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a J2EE Developer
to join our team.
- Work with business analysts and subject matter experts to understand business requirements.
- Design and document technical solutions to business requirements.
- Create prototypes to validate requirements.
- Analyze requirements and propose changes to data model as required by design.
- Construct browser-based web applications using Java/J2EE using frameworks and technologies listed below.
- Develop comprehensive automated unit tests for all software developed.
- Respond to problems by researching issues and developing solution to the problems.
- Mentor and provide leadership to junior team members.
- +9 years advanced computer programming skills in including JAVA, JAVA Script, Eclipse, Maven, OO Design, Struts, Spring, XML, Web Services, HTML and OO Design.
- Advanced working skills in programming with relational databases including SQL.
- Experience writing JUnit test-cases and building test-suites.
- Experience with code versioning and change management concepts.
- Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation).
- Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development.
- Must be certified as Sun Certified Java Programmer, Oracle Certified Java Associate, or higher certification. If not, must obtain within 30 days of start date.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
- Able to adhere to client development standards
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree may count for 2 years of experience.
Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
St. Louis, MO
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.