The Wood Mill Operator 3 works under supervision of foreman encompassing the skills of Decksaw/Debarker.
Position will be on 2nd shift. Training will occur on 1st shift.
operates electrically powered machines equipped with one or more saw blades, and/or chains to debark logs and cut logs to length by performing the following duties:
- Operate and maintain the debarker and decksaw. Maintains and replaces deck saw chains.
- Record number of logs and volume of logs. Verifies accuracy of saw setting and length of logs.
- Cut logs to length for the most efficient use of logs for dowel production.
- Starts saw, positions log against guide, slides log into feed rolls or aligns log on feed rolls.
- Records logs cut to determine when specified quantity has been debarked and cut to length.
- Replaces saw blades, chains, and lubricates machinery.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.