Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions.
Learn what keeps Kapsch “always one step ahead” in people and technology by visiting our website https://www.kapsch.net/us/ktc
Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Senior Business Analyst for our office located in Duluth, GA.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for translating business needs into requirements, identifying opportunities for process improvement, managing requirements and ensuring delivered solutions meets business expectations. The Senior Business Analyst also may also support reporting, data analysis, process standardization, presentation development, software quality assurance testing, user acceptance testing facilitation and development and delivery of training material.
The Senior Business Analyst will:
- Elicit requirements for multiple systems (using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, task and workflow analysis)
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and able to properly prioritize user requests based on business needs
- Develop and efficiently execute test plans, test scenarios and test cases and document test results
- Design, create and deliver training material related to systems and work process
- Create and update presentations with attractive graphic design elements
- Perform heavy data analysis and project reporting via Excel spreadsheets
- Create and update procedures, processes and project deliverable templates and recommend methods for process improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned (i.e. may document meeting minutes, assist in user acceptance testing facilitation or training as needed)
- Participate as a team member and communicates information to appropriate parties at the appropriate time
- Solicits assistance from more experienced technical professionals and/or management when required
Qualified candidates will possess a BS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Requires between three (3) and eight (8) years relevant work experience.
- Able to document business requirements and process flow diagrams and perform decomposition to detailed requirements.
- Experience developing requirements that are effective inputs to system design and software quality assurance processes.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management and Software Development methodologies.
- Solid experience and knowledge of Requirements Management Lifecycle.
- Proficient knowledge of Software Quality Assurance practices
- High-level of Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and organizational skills. Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings. Able to demonstrate effective communication skills through written and verbal presentations
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of people, in a team environment and collaboratively across teams
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under deadlines
Travel in this position is anticipated to be approximately 25%.
The Kapsch portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.