Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry’s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
Technical Support Engineer:
Opportunity for a 3-day work week!
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Weekend Days team, you will provide technical support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff, focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging the SolidFire/HCI product line. Support incidents can range from various hardware and/or software issues with SolidFire/HCI storage systems and solutions, to multi-system, multi-vendor, and multi-network interoperability issues.
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Respond to post sales customer support issues, raised by the customer via phone/email/web, or internally via Active Support.
- Participate in SolidFire Active Support, monitoring and managing alerts.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with customers on recommendations and action plans.
- Technical troubleshooting of customer environments and the SolidFire/HCI product.
- Collection and analysis of multi-platform logs to identify issues and determine root cause.
- Case and Incident management.
- Collaborate with other Technical Support Engineers who may need assistance working a case; utilize your area of expertise to help them in order to most quickly facilitate solutions for customers.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the Technical Support Center.
- Share best practices with Technical Support Center staff and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Mentor colleagues to help the team grow.
- Deliver training material for NetApp employees and Partners.
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor or lead on team projects.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Experience with the following:
- UNIX/Linux System Administration
- TCP/IP and Networking
- Storage Administration
- Network storage protocols
- Previous experience with case management systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple work streams
** This is a day shift opportunity with a work schedule of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday days, 7am-8pm ET. **
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education/training and applicable experience in a professional work environment.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled