Process CAD Manager (Design Group)

Barry Wehmiller Companies Inc - Atlanta, GA (30+ days ago)3.5


The Process CAD Manager will utilize 3D AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and Navisworks in a multidiscipline environment to produce process system designs for food, beverage and life science manufacturing plants as well as other industrial sectors. The position will provide design support for client projects 75% of the time and lead development of methods/standards as well as conduct training the other 25% of the time.

Responsibilities

Create design content for projects by the following responsibilities:

Lead team of designers on multiple projects
Develop
Building Information Models (BIM)
Equipment arrangements
Piping isometrics
3D models
Construction drawings
Review vendor drawings
Perform field surveys
Coordinate / collaborate with other discipline BIM Managers on means and methods of drawings executing for multiple office / multi discipline projects
Coordinate collaborate with other BIM managers and IT on developing an overall CAD / BIM strategy for the firm

For the training, methods, and standards:
Provide process CAD leadership for the Process Practice (aka. discipline) for the implementation of process design standards, training of designers and engineers on design software and processes, and development of standard design details.
Review and assist in the hiring of temporary or permanent CAD staff to meet project execution needs.
This task will include the development and utilization of testing tools to screen potential new hires to determine CAD and design skill proficiency.
Design coach and trainer for the Process Practice. Will provide design software and internal tools and procedures coaching.
Essential to fully implement 3D process design and how best to coordinate process design within the multi-disciplines now utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
Support the establishment and maintenance of CAD standards through the Process Practice and interface with the Facility, Packaging and Control System Integration practices.
Directly build and maintain process design CAD database.
Our process design detail library continues to require updates and additions due to advances in design best practices, growth of our client base and market sectors, and occasionally software revisions. As these details are built, maintained, distributed and used by the Process Practice they result in more efficient design production and higher quality drawings. The repeated use of these details saves valuable production time and results in more consistent product.

Requirements

10+ years minimum experience.
3D AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and Navisworks skills a must
Experience in a multidiscipline environment producing process designs for food and beverage manufacturing plants as well as other industrial sectors.
Working knowledge of sanitary GMP design experience required
20% travel will be required
Working knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Working knowledge of MS Project and Bluebeam Revu is a plus
Working knowledge of MS Windows and file structure
Education

Associates degree in Engineering, Computer-aided drafting, or equivalent (Required 2 Years)
BS degree in Engineering considered a plus
.

Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
.

Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.