The Warehouse Worker position is responsible for the loading, unloading, counting, inspecting, storing, picking, and completion of orders. This is a customer service focused position and is responsible for maintaining standards of quality and accuracy.
- Operate heavy powered equipment in a controlled and safe manner (pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.)
- Prepare and complete orders according to schedule; load, pack, wrap, label, ship, store and prepare for shipping
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, check, count, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards accurate
- Complete assigned tasks with a sense of urgency following proper guidelines and standards
- Maintain knowledge in regards to product and respective storage temperatures. Can distinguish between products using different attributes such as lot number, brand, size, and quality
- Build pallets properly to ensure the quality and condition of the product. Select proper items and ensure merchandise is securely stacked, stored, and leveled
- Actively maintain a clean and safe working environment, optimize space utilization, remove empty pallets, and discard wrap, tape, straps, trash, and recyclables into the appropriate bins
- Follow and maintain all general safety and food safety procedures and policies
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and leaders when problems occur or tasks are not complete
- Perform work assignments with limited supervision and focus on the task at hand
- Understand and follow all safety procedures and take immediate action to correct any unsafe situation
- Perform clerical tasks such as equipment inspection sheets, trailer sheets, and any other documentation necessary or assigned.
- Perform tasks related to assisting customers with their orders
- Perform tasks as outlined in the CBA under duties of a warehouseman.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to safely operate heavy powered equipment, such as an electric pallet jack or forklift. This skill can be trained.
- Must have a flexible work schedule, willing to work up to 10 hours per day
- Must have a good understanding of general and food safety policies and procedures and be willing to abide by them. All Safety policies are trained in accordance with SQF guidelines.
- Must be punctual and dependable and adhere to attendance policies
- Must work well with others in a team-oriented environment with a positive attitude
- Able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
This position is working within a cold storage warehouse environment with temperatures reaching close to freezing. This position will work around heavy machinery and racks stacked with product. The environment is fast-paced and requires urgent movement to avoid hazards when necessary. The position is also exposed to the weather elements when working on the front or back platforms. This will include extreme heat, humidity, and cold weather. This position is expected to dress for these elements and follow all rules regarding proper protective equipment.
This company operates from Sunday morning through Friday evening (24 hours/6 days per week). This position must be flexible to work any shift as they are assigned by the seniority policy.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver items, up to 50 pounds repeatedly as needed throughout the shift, up to 10 hours.
- Prolonged periods of walking up to 10 hours per shift.
- Prolonged periods of bending and twisting up to 10 hours per shift.
- Prolonged pulling and pushing of product and equipment up to 10 hours per shift.
- Engage in stooping or squatting repeatedly as needed throughout the shift, up to 10 hours.
- Must wear proper protective equipment: steel-toe/composite-toe boots, safety vests
Forklift or Pallet Jack experience