The Business Risk/Internal Audit Manager would be responsible for providing risk management and internal audit consulting services to CDH clients. You will be responsible for planning and managing engagements, conducting fieldwork, preparing workpapers to support conclusions, discussing findings and observations with management during exit meetings, reviewing staff workpapers, and preparing/reviewing written audit reports. This position will also require you to provide routine client service assistance such as advice on internal control approaches, best practices, and helping clients with routine issues within the scope of the engagement.
This position will also require you to get involved in special consulting projects typically focused on new accounting standard updates; special consulting projects focused on process improvements, business development and financial statement audit assistance.
You will also be required to set performance expectations for all members of the project team and provide constructive performance feedback on a regular basis. Proactively develop staff to allow efficient engagement delivery.
You will be responsible for overall engagement economics of the projects, including budget status tracking, billing, and collection follow-up.
Educational Requirements and Certifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Major in Accounting a plus.
- Must hold a professional certification; Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred. Other related accounting professional may be considered.
Skills and Other Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the areas of internal audit, internal controls assessment, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley 404 / J-SOX evaluation and testing.
- Project management experience, preferably managing and directing internal audit and/or SOX 404 projects within consulting or professional services firm, or in a public company environment.
- Supervisory and management experience, with accountability for staff performance and delivery.
- Risk assessment experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with GAAP is highly desirable.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Public accounting experience is highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel up to 20 percent or more annually.
- Effective written and verbal communication of results to stakeholders of projects.
- Ability to assess internal controls and design effectiveness.
- Understanding of typical business process flows.
- And any other duty assigned by employer.