- The Advanced Graphics Rendering Architect will be responsible for the development of advanced graphics rendering algorithms and SW/HW architecture providing an end-end Android Graphics system for mobile innovation in Vulkan/VR/AR/Imaging applications. This role includes intensive interactions with internal architects at multiple sites in developing advanced graphics rendering features, profiling performance/power bottlenecks and prototyping optimal end-end system solutions by using cutting-edge technologies. The role also includes technical planning and guiding the implementation & verification of the recommended solutions in target products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential Functions**
- Analyze current Android graphics system & GPU/Graphics technology to identify weaknesses, performance/power bottlenecks, and associated problems. Develop creative algorithms and architectures to reduce rendering workloads, boost performance, and reduce power consumption significantly.
- Prototype optimal end-end system solutions to accelerate Vulkan/AR/VR/Imaging applications, present project proposals for product differentiation, and follow through to product development.
- Identify future trends in GPU/Graphics technologies and the Android platform.
- Work effectively with internal stakeholders across diverse technical areas.*
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities); (refers to job, not incumbent)**
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Master's or Ph.D.
Major/Discipline: Computer Science or Electrical Engineering*
*Relevant Work Experience
Minimum: 8+ years of experience in graphics/GPU software architecture
Preferred: 12+ years of experience in graphics/GPU software architecture*
Skills & Abilities: (Technical or General)
* * Experience in graphics rendering/game software architecture & development.
- Experience in graphics/GPU architecture & improvement.
- Strengths in working with local and remote teams to design, develop, and debug systems.
- Proficiency in OpenGL ES, OpenCL, Vulkan, Metal, or similar APIs.
- knowledge & experiences in VR/AR/Imaging is a plus.
- Knowledge & experiences in Android OS is a plus.*
Job Type: Contract