1. Participates in routine supervision of students throughout the school day within the school building and/or worksite /community environment; to include assisting on/off bus, lifting, pushing students in equipment and monitors entry and exit of students to assure they get to the correct location.
2. Assists students with performing and developing proper social behavior, personal hygiene and self-help skills including, but not limited to, toileting (i.e., changing diapers and soiled clothing), feeding, grooming as assigned by the position throughout the school day and/or while at off-site locations.
3. Supports students during instruction and other curriculum tasks, including reinforcing subjects initially introduced by the teacher in one-on-one or small groups, and implements instructional plans and activities as designated by the job coach and/or teacher. Provides reinforcement techniques to keep students focused and on task
4. Observes and manages behavior of students in the classroom, lunch areas, playground, and other learning environments according to approved procedures.
5. Observes and gathers data regarding student performance on instructional and behavioral goals and provide data collection to the supervising teacher.
6. Supports students with social, emotional, and behavior concerns including the implementation of behavior strategies and supports.
7. Follows AACPS policies & procedures while assisting students and staff in the building and off-site work training activities and/or community-based settings.
8. Participates in professional development; attends workshops and in-service training for all specialized related care needs, seizures, disruptive behavior, etc. as provided by Board of Education.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.