About Aquity: Headquartered in Cary, NC, a suburb of Raleigh, Aquity Solutions employs more than 7,000 clinical documentation production staff throughout the U.S., India, Canada, and Australia. With over 40 years of experience and recognized by both KLAS and Black Book as the top outsourced transcription service vendor, Aquity Solutions is focused on delivering superior business results. Aquity Solutions provides healthcare professionals with key services including: Medical Scribing, Interim HIM Services, Medical Coding and Medical Transcription.
- We offer generous sign-on bonuses, as well as an incredible referral program, with unlimited opportunities for referral! You will receive a $1,000 referral fee, if you work for AQuity or not.
Position Summary: As an experienced inpatient coder, you will be responsible for providing coding and abstracting for Inpatient services using ICD-10 CM/PCS coding systems. You will use established coding principles, software and your knowledge and experience to assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of the medical record to obtain the appropriate DRG. As a coding professional, we may ask you to mentor new hires by providing education and training. We may need for you to perform other responsibilities when production requirements allow.
Schedule- Hours flexible, one weekend day per month is mandatory
- Reviews Medical Records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patients' healthcare encounter
- Selects the principal diagnosis and principal procedure, along with other diagnoses and procedures using UHDDS definition. Ensures appropriate DRG assignment.
- Abstracts appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicits clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by providing education and training.
- Maintains current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic and the Official Inpatient Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Ability to meet productivity standards while maintaining a 95% accuracy rate.
- Assists with other responsibilities when requested.
- Maintains effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
Must possess one of the following credentials -CCS, RHIT and/or RHIA credential
- Must have a minimum of 1-year Inpatient coding experience.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10 CM/PCS coding principles and guidelines, DRG Assignment, MCC/CC capture, federal, state and payor-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing
- Understands medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, surgical technology, pharmacology and disease processes
- A high-level of coding accuracy, critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, must be detailed and articulate
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Why Work for Aquity?
- Competitive salary
- 18 PTO days accrued during your first year!
- 7 paid holidays annually
- Job related education reimbursement, and CEU's
- Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, short- and long-term disability and voluntary life insurance plan.
- 401(k) with company matching
- Opportunities for career advancement!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37.00 - $42.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Certified Coding Specialist (Preferred)
- RHIA (Preferred)
- RHIT (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote