Leading provider of supply chain management and related logistics services with terminals located on or near major international airports.
We're seeking a full time General Manager to support the our new operation located in Miami, FL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Selects and assigns department personnel as required to meet the established departmental operating schedules, ensuring those all-departmental commitments for product receiving, stowage, truck loading and delivery services are met.
- Responsible for the direct supervision, training, and safe operations of the warehouse staff; ensuring that all delivery activities are conducted in compliance with federal, state, local, and concerning safety.
- Is responsible for the direct supervision, training, and safe operations; to ensure that all warehouse activities are conducted in keeping with the best customer relations, documentation, and safety requirements.
- Directly supervises the care, and maintenance of all ramp operations, warehouse, including communications systems, ensuring their consistent compliance with federal, state, county, and city inspection.
- Is responsible for the proper selection and development of warehouse and delivery personnel; ensuring that all personnel assigned are given regular performance appraisals in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Manages subordinate supervisors and associates in warehouse and transportation
- Responsible for the overall scheduling of multiple shifts.
- Also directly supervises three supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: 4 year degree with 5-7 years previous Warehouse Management experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of director
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic Accounting software, Contact Management systems, Internet, Inventory, Spreadsheet, Word Processing software, and order processing systems.
Job Type: Full-time