Job Title: Bilingual Spanish Teacher
Location: Eastlake/Otay Ranch, Chula Vista, CA
Job Type: Contract
About Amidon Studios
We help students feel confident speaking Spanish, English, and Italian like a native in 90 days or less.
We are looking for a bilingual Spanish teacher with previous teaching experience to teach adults and children conversational Spanish and provide enrichment activities, including conversation meetups and Spanish immersion events.
- Teach private individual lessons or small groups (2-4 people) from basic (A1) to advanced (C2) proficiency levels
- Create a safe and supportive learning environment
- Design and implement engaging and effective lesson plans
- Use a variety of teaching methods and materials to meet the needs of all learners
- Assess student progress and provide feedback
- Collaborate with other teachers to develop and improve the curriculum
- Bilingual Spanish and English speaker—must be able to speak (standardized accent required), read and write Spanish and English fluently
- Previous experience teaching Spanish to adults
- Strong technology skills (especially with Google Suite)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Enthusiastic and able to think on one’s feet
- Punctual and responsible
- Reliable transportation
- Knowledge of Mexico or the Caribbean to share colloquialisms and cultural knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification in teaching
Why You Should Apply
- Competitive pay
- Flexible work hours
- Training and support to become fully versed in our conversational teaching method
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your students
Why You Should Stay
- We are a team of passionate and dedicated educators who are dedicated to helping our students succeed.
- We offer a supportive and collaborative work environment where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow.
- We are committed to providing our teachers with the resources and support they need to be successful.
We are looking for long-term instructors only. Please apply only if you are able to commit to working with us for a minimum of one year.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 1 – 8 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- After school
- Choose your own hours
- Do you live or work in or near the Otay Ranch, Chula Vista area?
- teaching adults and children Spanish: 1 year (Required)
- English and Spanish fluently (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations