Part-timeEstimated: $47,000 - $67,000 a year
- Garment construction
Full Job Description
The internationally recognized SCAD fashion program teaches students the technical aspects, skills and history of fashion while offering opportunities to work one-on-one with top industry professionals. Global media, including The New York Times and Women’s Wear Daily, attend and cover the annual SCADFashion show, a juried collection of undergraduate and graduate work.
You have the opportunity to join SCAD as a part time professor of fashion at the university’s Savannah location. Offering a program that is deeply connected to the fashion industry, SCAD is where the stars of the fashion world visit and work with students and the runway from which tomorrow’s designers launch their careers.
Named among the best small cities in the U.S by Condé Nast Traveler, Savannah offers an inviting climate and a culturally rich downtown, providing a real-world workshop for the study of art and design. The university blends seamlessly into the Savannah landscape and provides students with a dynamically layered learning environment in which to thrive.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in fashion design: womenswear, contemporary, menswear, knitwear, and denim
- Terminal degree or its equivalent in fashion or a related field
- Strong skills in the areas of design as well as concept development and innovation
- Ability to develop product from 2 -D concept to 3-D design
- Proficiency in CAD fashion design software and production
- Broad knowledge of the elements of developing a collection and the creative uses of materials and textiles
- Passion for mentoring exceptional students
- Technical design expertise in specialized areas such as draping, patternmaking and garment construction is preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is preferred
- College-level teaching experience is preferred