PrimeFlight Aviation Services is looking for dedicated, energetic, quality and safety focused individual to join our ever-growing family!
We have a job opportunity available for a General Manager located at the Baltimore/Washington International Airport in Baltimore, MD. We offer internal promotion opportunities, and a competitive wage.
The General Manager reports to the Regional Vice President and oversees the operation of all commercial airline contract(s). This includes the primary responsibility for the following:
- Managing the day to day activities of the entire operation with direct oversight and responsibility for commercial aircraft fueling
- Prioritizing workplace safety with established metrics and Service Level Agreement
- Maintain financial performance of the location
- Excel at the operational performance of the location
- Focus on client relationships and contract retention
- Developing and implementing strategies, processes, and procedures that will effectively influence company profitability
- Achieving monthly performance metrics and all Service Level Agreements
- Identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Recruit, interview, train, and hire employees
- Be a positive role model to all personnel and the airport community
- Represent with the best intent the business priorities and professional posture of the PrimeFlight customer(s)
- Advise, consult and coordinate with the Regional Vice President, Corporate Controller, Corporate and Field Support Staff, Market Development Vice President and Directors, Vice President of Training and Quality Assurance, Clients and Vendors.
- Foster a safe working environment
- Hold employees accountable for the safety audit performance and all operational metrics
- Meet administrative requirements as established
Monitor and record operational and financial performance and report on a monthly and annual basis
- Work with Sales, Division Vice President and Controller to develop competitive bids for new business
- Coordinate new local account start-up
- Resolve promptly all service issues in problem areas to ensure contract retention
- Share the action plan and success factors with the customers
- Perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage assigned personnel.
Personnel duties include:
- Develop and maintain schedules to provide proper fueling coverage
- Maintain a qualified and appropriately trained staff
- Communicate areas of accountability and performance expectations to assigned personnel
- Determine standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel
- Recommend salary adjustments, transfers, promotions, and terminations with appropriate documentation
- Ensure proper training of assigned personnel
- Foster a safe, cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximizing employee morale and productivity
- Lead in a pro-active, continuous improvement method
- Adapt to, positively adopt and promote any changes in corporate policy and procedures
- Directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, documented counsel and coaching of employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Maintain and foster for success the working relationship with all the customers associated with the business unit
- Within the established airport’s community, be the “face and advocate” for the PrimeFlight customer(s)
- Attend meetings, events on behalf of the PrimeFlight customer(s), displaying professionalism with customers best interest in mind at all times
- Meet or exceed all established Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at the job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
The pay rate listed on this post, is what the company reasonably expects to pay for this position. However, individual compensation may vary based on factors including qualifications, skills, competencies, education, and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Operational and Financial acumen, Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Oral Communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age or older
- Reliable transportation
- Valid State Driver’s License with a verifiable safe vehicle operating record.
- Eligible to work in the United States
Preferred Commercial Airline Fueling experience. Associate’s degree or higher. A high school diploma or equivalent may be substituted with four years of relevant experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to understand and analyze financial operations, profit and loss statements, customer invoices, and other mathematical functions necessary to managing the airport operation.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form.
Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, Online Timekeeping and Outlook, sufficient to write letters, organize schedules, and perform other tasks related to payroll and operations.
Direct and indirect supervision of all on-site PrimeFlight personnel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. The employee must be willing and able to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and walk, able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms
generated by the airport and terminal environment
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses
Our work culture is:
- Detail and safety-oriented with quality-focused customer satisfaction.
- Diversified with strong team collaboration.
- Performance focused on positive results.
PrimeFlight Aviation Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants and employees are considered, and evaluated for positions at PrimeFlight Aviation Services without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, uniform service member, and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state/province, and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person