- Master’s degree in IO Psychology, or 2+ years in PhD IO Psychology program
- Experience analyzing experimental research data as well as big data from surveys and archival data
- Advanced Statistics (e.g., ANOVAs, regressions (ridge/lasso/hierarchical), HLM, longitudinal data analysis, factor analysis, cluster analysis or SEM/Path Analysis)
- Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, SAS, Python, etc.)
- Highly adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skills
Are you passionate about conducting research to drive real behavioral change and inform front line managers and leaders in making more effective decisions? Would you love to see your research in practice, impacting Amazonians globally and improving the employee experience? If so, you should consider interning with our Research team at Amazon Connections.
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians a confidential and effective way to give feedback on the workplace to help shape the future of the company and improve the employee experience. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connections leverages real time information to learn more about their experiences and introduce positive changes with internal business partners around the world. We maximize the value of the employee voice.
In this role, you will support the research team as they develop and evaluate methods for helping managers take action on their data. This includes conducting multiple scientific literature reviews to identify which manager behaviors drive team engagement, productivity, and retention, how to develop managers or change manager behaviors, and how to help managers understand and take action on survey-type data. You will also support our research team as they develop and test hypotheses that support a larger program of research around delivering deeper insights to managers in a way that promotes more positive behaviors and improves the employee experience.
What you'll do:
- Support design of research study methods and executing various research experiments and studies
- Develop survey question content and conduct Psychometric analysis of survey scales
- Statistical analysis on experimental data to test hypotheses
- Conduct scientific literature reviews
- PhD IO post comprehensive exams
- Excellent writing and communication skill
- Experience with SQL, R, or Python, data warehouses, and machine learning is a plus
- Domain expertise in researching work-related behavior
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation