PRN/PER DIEM POSITION
Lake Barrington, Lake Zurich, McHenry
Community Based Outpatient services
The Occupational Therapy Assistant will primarily provide outpatient rehabilitation services in an in-home setting for the older adult population. The in-home setting could be a patient's private residence or in a patient's room in a SNF/NF, in an assisted living facility, or in an independent living facility. Vitality to You allows the Occupational Therapy Assistant to treat in the most functional environment which is the patient's home. The Occupational Therapy Assistant implements occupational therapy programs and provides occupational therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of occupational therapy, under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as well as work related meetings.
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to develop programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
4. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the occupational therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
5. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
6. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
7. Puts Patient Service First:
Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
8. Implements patient's individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Occupational Therapist.
9. Provides individualized occupational therapy interventions including application of therapeutic techniques in such areas as, but not limited to:
- cognitive skills
- muscle strength
- perceptual abilities
- sensory awareness
- sitting and standing tolerance
- activities of daily living
- joint protection
- work simplification
- physical agent modalities
- low vision
- falls risk management
- medication management
- health and wellness
- community integration and reintegration
10. Organizes and facilitates treatment groups in consultation with the Occupational Therapist.
11. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee. I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
12. Performs other related duties as required.