Who we are?
Ethical Culture Fieldston is a progressive Pre-K-12 independent school that has been serving students throughout New York City and the surrounding suburbs since 1878. ECFS offers a rich curriculum in the arts, sciences, and humanities. A co-ed, nonsectarian school, it serves a diverse community of about 1,700 students on two campuses - one in the Riverdale section of the Bronx and the other in Manhattan.
What is essential about working at our school?
The Ethical Culture Fieldston School has a long history of equity and inclusion deeply rooted in our mission and the educational philosophy of our founder, Felix Adler. We embrace diversity of ancestry, family, identity, culture, and belief and seek a student body and faculty that reflect the pluralism and socioeconomic diversity of metropolitan New York. We affirm both our differences and commonalities and strive to balance individuality and community. In keeping with our progressive tradition, we are dedicated to increasing our students’ cultural literacy to help them understand multiple perspectives and see the world beyond the self.
We expect members of our community to engage in open dialogue about living and learning in a diverse environment inside and outside the classroom. We see this work, with its creative tensions, as a catalyst for individual and collective growth. On a daily basis, we are committed to making this vision of a democratic, pluralistic, and progressive school a reality.
The Manager for Alumni Relations & Events will report directly to the Director of Alumni Relations.
- Support the Director of Alumni Relations and Advancement team in all efforts to engage and involve alumni and parents in the life of the school
- Manage classes up to and including the 5th year reunion (youngest alumni)
- Drive and manage content for alumni social media channels and alumni networking site (Fieldston Connect) in collaboration with Communications Manager
- Maintain alumni microsite and update frequently with new content
- Provide event support and guidance for alumni and other department related events, including but not limited to reunions, Homecoming, all-school events
- Communicate regularly with ECFS alumni, responding to inquiries and fielding requests
- Oversee the Class Notes and Class Agent program
- Help support Fieldston Alumni Network (FAN) meetings and related events
- Prepare and organize alumni annual giving solicitation materials
- Capture details of alumni interactions in Raiser's Edge
- Organize and participate in alumni volunteer phone-a-thons and thank-a-thons
- Assist with cultivation and stewardship activities
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 5+ years of experience in communications, events management, and fundraising
- Commitment to the independent school education; an understanding of ECFS mission and goals and the ability to articulate the School’s uniqueness and relevance
- Personable, collaborative, and enthusiastic
- Strong project, program, and volunteer management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across a wide array of constituencies
- Proficiency with social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional initiative and work ethic
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, analytically, and deal effectively with challenges
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as required
ECFS is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse community of professionals who broadly reflects the people of the metropolitan New York City area, our students, and families. We aim to align our hiring process with our mission and institutional goals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion or religious practices, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, ability status, military status, unemployment status or any other category protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. ECFS takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance all qualified candidates.