Texas Campaign for the Environment is looking for passionate new voices to develop lobbying strength on environmental issues here in Central Texas!
We are the largest and most successful environmental nonprofit in Texas, and the only one with a state-wide presence. Seriously, we visit all 181 legislative districts in Texas.
We are seeking driven activists to organize local grassroots campaigns to protect the health, economy, environment, and livelihood of Texas communities, one door at a time.
Further our political organizing and public education efforts through:
- Membership recruitment and fundraising
- Grassroots Community outreach and coalition-building
- Identifying voters and volunteers
- Planning and participating in demonstrations and political actions
- Meeting with elected officials and other policymakers
- Very strong verbal communication skills
- Commitment to the environment, progressive politics, and the empowerment of our fellow TX residents.
- Full time: Monday-Friday, 2-10PM.
- Part time: Any 3 or 4 weekdays, 2-10PM.
* Must be available to work full 8 hour shift!
- Full time: $450/week +bonuses
- Part time: $90/day +bonuses
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and vision available for full time employees after 90 days
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year with holidays and sick days
- Potential for rapid advancement and management training
- Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Valuable campaign experience from the perspective of an NGO advocate
Complete our application (http://www.texasenvironment.org/careers)
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
#climatechange #community #organizer #organizing #political #politics #campaign #campaigning #entrylevel #environment #justice #planet #activist #activism
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $90.00 /day
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative