Job Title(s): Vice President, Operations
Location: Belton, TX
Supervises Staff: Yes
FLSA Category: Exempt - Executive
Last Updated: 12/3/2018
The Vice President, Operations (ECS) is accountable for developing and leading an environment of operational excellence, evidenced by continual improvement in safety, quality and cost resulting in growing operating leverage / increased EBITDA and an “Unmatched Customer Experience.”
The role reports to the President & CEO and is a member of the Company’s senior leadership team. The successful candidate will be a seasoned operating manager in manufacturing (fabrication and assembly) operations and procurement. He/She will have a broad operations and delivery background to include expertise in process improvement and experience of lean processes and techniques with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. This person will be confident and capable, but with an ego that is well in check and the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization. The successful candidate must have both strong strategic and tactical capabilities. On the strategic side, this individual must be capable of developing comprehensive strategic operating plans and building a world-class operations organization with standardized processes, tools, and performance metrics.
- Receiving / Shipping
- Inventory Management
Key Performance Indicators:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Build a world-class operations organization with standardized processes, tools, and performance metrics.
- Create and drive a culture of operational excellence, where teamwork and active problem solving result in continuous improvement throughout the company.
- Deliver an operating plan that enables Safety, Quality, Delivery (capacity & lead time), Productivity, Inventory, and Material Sourcing to achieve the corporate goals and vision.
- Support sales and business development to secure order bookings.
- Manage delivery of all customer orders to time, quality, and budget.
- Oversee procurement of equipment, materials, services, assembly, and engineering to support financial plans and operating targets.
- Leads and oversees Lean initiatives and tools. Through Kaizen and Lean deployment, implements and sustains 5S, Standard Work, Variation Reduction, Visual Management, Daily Management, Kanban, and CI program.
- Supports, participates and leads Strategy Deployment initiatives.
- Lead management of facilities, including development of future plans.
- Accountable for overseeing the daily production demand for: time, materials, and labor. Accountable for flexing direct and indirect resources and material requirements to satisfy customer demand and partner needs.
- Effective communication with all members of the facility
- Manage production related human resource issues
- 7+ years of manufacturing (fabrication and assembly) operations and procurement experience.
- A demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate people and get results through others.
- A strong understanding of lean manufacturing methodologies and techniques.
- A demonstrated ability to innovate and drive continuous improvement.
- Able to create and manage high performance teams and to be a strong team player.
- Commitment to the Company’s purpose, core values and objectives.
- Capable of leading, directing and working with cross functional groups and associates.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standards exist. Must be able to interpret oral, written and diagram instructions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- We honor our commitments
- We work as a team
- We approach our work with a sense of urgency
- We value our customers
- We are humble
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Regularly works in the production area as well as office environment - frequently required to enter work areas with moving equipment, machinery and parts.
- Noise level is normal to high over short periods.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to read, hear, speak, keyboard, reason and problem solve.
- Normal hearing and vision range.
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers.
- Infrequent lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Infrequent stooping, standing, sitting or twisting.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement